Avocados with Strawberry Salsa and Crispy Tortilla Strips



My friend Wendy and I are doing a little recipe exchange and she sent me this dish to try. I've made fruit salsa before but never with strawberries.

Strawberries, chiles and avocados? What's not to love? This is a great summer salad and not unhealthy. The salad also has a lot of options for a cool presentation but I was in a hurry. It's also easy and I almost always have the ingredients on hand so I'll definitely be making it afgain. I think next time I might use scallion instead of white onion in the salsa. I just like them better.

I confess I did not fry my own tortilla strips as I had a bag of Mission Strips on hand.

Thanks Wendy!

Recipe from Gourmet June 1997 HERE

2 comments:

Faygie said...

That looks so good!!!

Leslie said...

My goodness, this looks and sounds soo delicious. Showing it to my fiance now. He's going crazy for it.

I'm having a link party over at my blog today including strawberry recipes, and I would LOVE to see this added. Join!