Bertolli's Pink Shrimp with Bacon and Onions

Bertolli was kind enough to send me two jars of their newest sauces, Four Cheese Rosa and Arrabiata. The Four Cheese Rosa is an alfredo with tomatoes and the Arrabiata is a spicy tomato sauce.

They came in some mighty fancy packaging with recipes!

IMG_0452 by you.

Hmmm what to make first...

IMG_0453 by you.

Or

IMG_0454 by you.

I had all the ingredients for the pink shrimp on hand so that was the logical choice. I confess I'm not a fan of alfredo-type sauces and was underwhelmed with my first taste of the sauce on it's own.

The finished dish on the other hand was great! Leftovers even heated up well and I got a request to make it again. I am going to buy another jar and try the stuffed checken breasts.

The only changes I made was using spaghetti instead of fettuccine and I used more garlic. I also skipped the cheese at the end.

IMG_0461 by you.

Pink Shrimp with Bacon and Onions

4 servings

4 slices of bacon, chopped
1 large onion, sliced thin
1 lb raw peeled and deveined shrimp
1 clove of garlic, chopped
1 jar Bertolli Four Cheese Rosa Sauce
8 oz cooked and drained fettucine with 1/2 cup of cooking liquid reserved

Cook bacon in 12 inch skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon and cook onion in reserved drippings over medium heat until golden, stirring occasionally about 10 minutes.

Add shrimp and garlic and cook until shrimp is pink. Stir in sauce and pasta sauce and heat through. Toss with hot pasta and garnish with chopped parsley and grated fontina cheese.

I was going to make the pizza recipe on the box with the Arrabiata sauce but decided to make a plain pasta with a green salad instead. I wouldn't call the sauce spicy-more so than the average. I did like it and have enough left over to try that pizza!

image_1 by you.

0 comments: