Grilled Trout with White Beans and Caper Vinaigrette


Yum another grilled trout recipe!!! This time I used my grill basket, which I forgot I had until someone mentioned grill baskets on the Cooking Light boards. It's non-stick so cleanup was a lot easier. I didn't have to scrape fish skin off the grill anyway.

The trout was good, as it always is, but the best part were the beans! You could make these as a side for just about any meal. I was a little wary about the amount of butter but when it's browned it does have a nice nutty flavor. I would also like to cook some dried Rancho Gordo Runner Cannelini's for this next time. Canned worked fine but dried would be better.

I did make a couple of changes. I used white wine vinegar in place of balsamic because that's what I have. And I used a whole trout with the bones. I also put a few sprigs of rosemary in the cavity of the fish.

The recipe is from the July 2009 issue of Bon Appetit and can be found HERE.

0 comments: