Asian Steak and Noodle Salad


This was just OK for me. I think part of the reason is the Asian salad mix I used was a bag of Dole which consisted of lettuce and cabbage. I remember why I don't buy bagged lettuce. I think a trip to the Asian grocery could have reaped some better greens. Or even a few bunches of greens at the regular grocery store. But I'm going on vacation at the end of the week and don't want a crisper full of produce.

The dressing was also too sweet for my taste so I ended up adding more lime juice.

What I did like was the flavor the marinade gave the beef. I'll definitely do that again. But instead I'll make it with the Thai Lime Beef Salad from this blog and add in the noodles. A fusion of the two salads would be excellent.

The recipe for Asian Steak and Noodle Salad, courtesy of Gourmet June 2006, can be found HERE.

3 comments:

Robin said...

Hey Kristi .. next month we are doing Mangoes and Curry Leaves on the Monthly Challenge if you haven't seen it posted already. Same authors as Hot, Sour, Salty, Sweet should be interesting. Next weekend we should meet up at a theater and go see Julie and Julia. There is no way I can talk my hubby into seeing that chick flick but I am dying to see it and would love to go. Let me know if you are up for it!

KristiB said...

Are you talking about the 8th because I would totally be up for that!

I'll attempt that challenge. I'll have to get the book from the library first. I haven't been a fan of the Indian food I've tried which is why it's sorely lacking on this blog but I had a resolution to get reaquainted with it.

Robin said...

Great, it's playing at Desert Ridge starting on the 7th. Here's my info let me know what your schedule looks like ... robinbertolini@yahoo.com. Looking forward to it!