A fantastic dip for Super Bowl Sunday

The nice people at Pace sent me some bottles of picante and asked for a Super Bowl recipe in return. I immediately thought of my friend Diane's "Dump Dip" which is addicting. Actually addicting is an understatement. This stuff is great and it's served with Frito Scoops which are an essential dip component.

You will NOT have leftovers!

I modified her recipe a bit. I used low fat sour cream because the regular was sold out. She also uses a packet of prepared taco seasoning but I mix my own. I have every spice under the sun and usually do not buy mixes. Her recipe calls for a bottle of salsa but I used picante.

One rule-you MUST serve this with Frito Scoops!

Dump Dip
1 16-oz carton sour cream
Taco seasoning mix(recipe below)
1 16-oz jar medium salsa
2 8-oz pkgs sharp shredded cheddar cheese

Mix sour cream and taco seasoning mix. Add salsa and mix. Stir in cheese. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with Frito Scoops.

Taco Seasoning Mix
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper

I took a picture but this stuff does not photograph well. I probably could have sprinkled green onions or cilantro on it. Anyway here it is.

IMG_0335 by you.







0 comments: