Panko-Crusted Chicken with Mustard-Maple Pan Sauce

IMG_0417 by you.

I have three bags of panko in my pantry and I don't know why. Well actually I do know why. Sometimes I find myself at the store and I realize I forgot to check if I have a certain ingredient so I buy it just in case. Since I moved I've been slacking of my inventory spreadsheets.

Since the older pictures on my blog have disappeared I'm more motivated to go back and repeat my recipes so I can replace them (and back them up). I only hope I can use up my pantry odds and ends in the process. The above picture is quite blurry so I'll be making it again to replace it.

This recipe was so easy, so quick and so good! Do not be alarmed at the amounts of mustard as the flavor is muted by the cooking. I could taste mustard but it was not overwhelming. By the way I had three jars of Dijon and was able to dispose of one tonight thanks to this recipe.

The recipe is courtesy of Bon Appetit's test kitchen and was published in the Oct 2009 issue. It can be located HERE.

0 comments: