Shrimp Fried Rice

IMG_0420 by you.

This is an official recipe version of a dish I've made for years. It's so easy and I almost always have the ingredients on hand. Rice, egg, veggies and some basic Asian seasonings. Many years ago I had a room mate from Singapore who would eat this in various incarnations for breakfast.

Leftover rice is a necessity for this to fry correctly. Since I moved in with a carb addict there's never leftover rice so I had to plan accordingly. And make it very clear to stay out of the rice!

Tonight's version comes from one of my favorite blogs, The Steamy Kitchen. I really liked the flavor the sesame oil gave the dish. I always eat my fried rice with Sriracha and after a few bites I added some to this dish.

1 comments:

Erica said...

I love fried rice and my favorite is the shrimp one :) This looks delicious.