Grilled Tilapia with Cherry Salsa


It's 115 degrees outside and I do not want to cook ANYTHING! When it gets like this I graze. Or make gazpacho.

But for the sake of the blog I managed to get my butt outside and grill some fish. I bought a large bag of cherries on sale and I have a bad habit of letting large amounts of produce go bad before I can consume it. I hate wasting food which is why I try to buy in small quantities.

This dish was definitely worth the trip outside to Hades. I'm not a dessert person so I was excited to find a savory cherry recipe. I even liked the fish with just the rub and no salsa.

I have leftover salsa and will probably use it on halibut or chicken over the weekend.

I first saw the recipe on my buddy Joe's blog, Culinary in the Desert, but the original recipe is from Martha Stewart's Everyday Food, June 2008.

It's a pretty dish too isn't it?

0 comments: