Halloumi Cheese with Cucumber Lentil Salad

I could eat an entire package of halloumi grilled or pan fried. But I showed restraint and made my last package last 3 meals.

It doesn't melt but it browns beautifully and gets "gooey". YUM-YUM-YUM-YUM-YUM-YUM-YUM-YUM!!!!

This recipe made a pretty good lunch. The best part was the cheese of course.

I used the beluga lentils because I like the protein punch. They're great in salads. But they're flavor neutral so if you can't find them other lentils will do. Persian cucumbers are small and tender but basically taste like cucumbers so you could sub an English hothouse or a regular cuke if you don't have access to the Persian. I think the Persian have a cooler fresher taste but that might be because of where I buy them. I also added chopped kalamata olives just because. The recipe says you can sub parm cheese but that would taste entirely different.

Recipe HERE

1 comments:

Kim said...

I too love halloumi!!!