Stir Fried tofu and Shrimp


I got this recipe from Runner's World magazine of all places. They had a profile on Mark Bittman and he provided some healthy recipes. I'm trying another tomorrow.

I'm training for a 10K and just happened to pick up the magazine and boy was I ever glad I did. It's an excellent issue.

And this recipe was SO good! A DEFINITE repeater!!! My picture isn't pretty So I may take another tomorrow.

For those of you who have tofu troubles this is what I've learned. Buy extra firm and pat it dry when you take it out of the package. Then place some paper towels on a plate and place the tofu on the towels. Put a couple of towels on top of the tofu followed by a plate and a skillet or a can of vegetables or whatever. Let drain for at least 20 minutes.

Tofu is like a sponge and you have to get the water out so it can absorb whatever flavors you're adding.

I also used reconstituted dried shiitake mushrooms for this dish. You can buy giant bags pretty cheap at the Asian grocery store.

The recipe is HERE.

1 comments:

Ashley said...

This looks great! I love tofu, and am just starting to enjoy shrimp - I'll definitely have to try this one out :)