Thank You AsianFoodGrocer.com!!!


AsianFoodGrocer.com just became a member of Food Buzz's Tastemaker program and were kind and generous enough to send me a $30 gift certificate!

I was really excited! Their products are more Japanese, which, I don't have a lot of experience cooking so this was the perfect opportunity for me to try some new products.

Service was super fast. I had my order in 2 days and it was very well packaged. I would definitely order from them again.

My favorite item is my Maruman Organic Soy Sauce. I sipped a little out of a spoon and it is good. Plus I'm a sucker for cool packaging.

One thing the company asked is that I create an original recipe. Yipe! Like I said I am not proficient in Japanese cuisine so this was a real challenge.

It also probably didn't help that I waited until the last minute either. Anyway I got home one night and realized I was at my deadline. I checked the fridge to see what I could come up with and found some ginger and a package of snowpeas.

It's also hot here today and I wasn't in the mood to cook but I thought a cold noodle salad sounded appetizing. And it was!

So I don't know how original this is as it's a riff on some of the soba noodle salads I've had in the past but I did not use a recipe. If I were to make it again I would add shredded carrot and maybe swap out the peas for shredded baby bok.

Soba Snow Pea Salad with Miso Dressing

3 oz soba noodles
1 cup Snow Peas
2 tbs soy sauce
1 tbs white miso
1/2 tbs mirin
juice of 1/2 lime
1 tsp fresh ginger chopped fine
Chopped salted roasted peanuts if desired

Boil noodles until just about done. Drop in snowpeas and boil for 15-30 seconds, until they turn bright green.

Drain and pour ice water over noodles and snowpeas to chill.

In a small bowl combine soy sauce through ginger. Combine with noodles and snowpeas and top with chopped peanuts.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

That sounds yummy to me! Thanks for ordering from us!
AsianFoodGrocer.com

ang said...

i LOVE asianfoodgrocer. i've ordered from them a few times & it's always quick & inexpensive. i even got really awesome origami paper from them to use for my wedding decorations.:)