Popcorn!

I'm a convert to old fashioned popcorn!

My Whirly-Pop arrived yesterday along with a sample of popcorn. So today for lunch I decided to have popcorn poolside with a glass of water and a good book. The weather is beautiful! Too bad I have to do some cleaning today.

I popped the corn in olive oil (1 tbs popcorn and 1 tsp oil). It took about 3 minutes to pop which is the same time it takes to nuke a bag only this smelled and tasted way better. No un-poppped kernels or burned pieces either.

I just drizzled a little melted butter and sprinkled it with a little sea salt. For cleaning the popper just needs to be wiped out with paper towel.

I'm really anxious for the Rancho Gordo Crimson Corn to get here! I have a feeling I'm about to become a popcorn snob. I also want to try the seasoned popcorn recipes in the booklet that came with the popper.

Photobucket


2 comments:

Laura said...

Glad you converted to the stovetop for popcorn--I think it is the only way to go.

But it is killing me looking at the pic of your pool. *sigh* Why do I live way north again?....

KristiB said...

I got the crimson from Rancho Gordo and like it. I'd like to try some other gourmet brands too.