Spicy Coconut Noodles



A friend of mine was raving about Spicy Coconut Noodles. I don't know if this is the recipe she made but it's what my pal Google found for me.

They are insanely good! And since I didn't toast coconut it went together in about 10 minutes. To cook rice noodles just cover with boiling water and let them sit for about 5 minutes or until done. Do not overcook or you will end up with a gummy mess.

I used the really thin rice noodles. I think next time I'll use wider noodles. I think it would be good on the fresh Chinese egg noodles too.

I'm also a basil snob. In Asian dishes I like to use Thai basil not Italian and if it isn't available I substitute mint. Well I couldn't get to the Asian store for the Thai basil and the regular grocery store was out of mint. So I succumbed to the Italian. It would be sooo much better with Thai basil or mint though.

For chili paste I used a wee bit of Sambal Olek, made the sauce, tasted and added more.

Recipe HERE. Courtesy of Real simple Magazine.

3 comments:

Heather said...

This looks really good. And easy, very key. Hmmm ... dinner tonight? :)

KristiB said...

I found out the friend who directed me to the recipe added lime juice and used cilantro in place of the basil. I always seem to have cilantro that needs to be used up and lime juice is genius!

Ashley said...

These noodles look so bright and tasty! Yum!!