Mini Meatloaves

image_1 by you.

Last night was meat and potatoes night. I've been craving meatloaf for some odd reason.
I also wanted to put my meat grinder to use.

This recipe for mini meatloaves is adapted from Ina Garten with modifications. She broke her portions down to 6 10oz loaves. That's not really "mini" to me so I broke it down further into 10 6 oz portions. Baking the meatloaf in muffin tins is also an option but I like the free form.

I also used ground sirloin instead of chuck because it's leaner and cut back on cooking time to accommodate both of those changes. Store bought bread crumbs have a billion unnecessary ingredients so I make my own from leftover good bread and herbs. And finally I added garlic to the sautee.

It was very good and the rest of the loaves are vacuum sealed and in the freezer for future use.

Recipe for Individual Meatloaves HERE

The potatoes are just steamed Yukon gold wedges, sauteed in garlic onion thyme and olive oil then smashed.

0 comments: