Poached Salmon with Creamy Piccata Sauce and my new Slimware

image_2 by you.

My boyfriend is not a huge fan of salmon but he'll eat it. I was shocked when he asked for seconds. he loved it! I thought it was pretty tasty too!

I'll definitely make this again because it really only took about 10 minutes. Next time I will add cornstarch or arrowroot to the sauce as it was a bit runny. I'll state the obvious here and tell you I served it with steamed asparagus and brown rice.

You can find the salmon recipe HERE. Courtesy of Eating Well, March/April 2007.

Now let me tell you about the plates. They're from a company called Slimware. My mother sent them to me and they're supposed to help you with controlling your portions. Proteins go in the smallest circle, carbs in the middle and vegetables in the largest. Don't be too alarmed about the small protein size. The circle is for red meat but if you're eating healthy protein (fish, chicken) you can extend it to the design to the right.

image_1 by you.

There are a lot of different designs on the website. They are melamine and are top shelf dishwasher safe. I handwashed mine.

Unfortunately, they don't work for casseroles, stir fry's, soups etc so I don't find myself using them every day. But I do like them!




2 comments:

Angelica said...

Wow what an awesome plate!! I wish someone would send me a set too :P

The salmon looks delicious!

Happy Easter!

Term Papers said...

Such a nice write up, it is really interesting,