Tuna wth Red Bell Pepper Sauce-Morocco

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I'm always nervous searing my own tuna. I don't know why as ahi is quite tasty raw.

Tuna is expensive and I was only making enough for myself so I had the fish monger cut me a small piece. Hence the little squares.

This recipe is also from Arabesque which is my new favorite cookbook!

Hout Bil Felfa (Tuna with Red Bell Pepper Sauce)

4 bell peppers
2 unpeeled garlic cloves
3 tbs red or white wine vinegar
3 tbs olive oil

3 tbs olive oil
4 thick tuna steaks
salt
chopped flat leaf parsley

Prepare sauce. Place bell peppers and garlic cloves on a cookie sheet lined with foil. Broil until garlic is roasted and skin on peppers is black and blistered. Place the peppers in a zplastic bag for approximately 15 minutes. Take the skin off the garlic. When the peoppers are cool enpugh to handle, peel rough cop and place in food processor with garlic vinegar and oil. Puree.

Heat the oil in the skillet and sear the tuna for no more than one minute on each side. It should still be red in the center.

Serve on top of the auce sprinkled with the parsley.

0 comments: