Michael Pollan's New Book

I'm a huge fan of Michael Pollan's Omnivores Dilemma and was really excited for his follow-up, In Defense of Food An Eater's Manifesto.

When I perused it in the bookstore I decided against buying it because it looked like the same territory covered in Marion Nestle's What to Eat.

I did check a copy out at the library, and it's worth a read. He boils it all down to, "eat food, not too much. Mostly plants". He also advises us to avoid processed food and to follow the "great grandmother" rule, which, is to not eat anything your great grandmother wouldn't recognize as food. I also found the "nutritionism" chapters informative.

Pretty standard stuff but Pollan is such a good writer I found the book worth reading.

Photobucket



1 comments:

Karen said...

I recently learned about Michael Pollan and I'm pysched to read The Omnivore's Dilemna. However, hubby told me I spent too much on Amazon this month (I'm addicted to cookbooks)

Dusting off my library card...