Roast Chicken Breasts with Garbanzo Beans, Tomatoes, and Paprika

I found this recipe on Epicurious under "Healthy Recipes" while looking for something else. I can't even tell you what that other dish was as this one has occupied my brain.

Let me tell you this is definitely going to be on regular rotation at my house. It is worthy of every rave review and then some! It makes the house smell wonderful too!

I'm always looking for ways to use my smoked paprika. Especially since I have two tins (one was a gift). It's the spice I can't resist inhaling when I'm in the pantry. Penzeys carries it if you need some.

Anyway, this dish is also pretty much a full meal with the tomatoes and beans. I also roasted some asparagus because it was 99 cents a pound and I love asparagus!

You can bet I'll take the leftovers in a pita as suggested for lunch tomorrow!

Photobucket


Roast Chicken Breasts with Garbanzo Beans, Tomatoes, and Paprika

Use leftovers for sandwiches the next day: Place shredded chicken, garbanzos, and tomatoes in a pita bread and top with the yogurt sauce.

Prep: 15 minutes; Total: 35 minutes

1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
4 garlic cloves, pressed
1 tablespoon smoked paprika*
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
1/2 cup plain yogurt or Greek yogurt (I used Fage 2%)
4 chicken breast halves with bones(I also took the skin off)
1 15-ounce can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained
1 12-ounce container cherry tomatoes
1 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided

Preheat oven to 450°. Mix first 5 ingredients in medium bowl. Pour 1 teaspoon spiced oil mixture into small bowl; whisk in yogurt and set aside for sauce. Place chicken on large rimmed baking sheet. Rub 2 tablespoons spiced oil mixture over chicken. Add beans, tomatoes, and 1/2 cup cilantro to remaining spiced oil mixture; toss to coat. Pour bean mixture around chicken. Sprinkle everything generously with salt and pepper.

Roast until chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cilantro. Transfer chicken to plates. Spoon bean mixture over. Serve with yogurt sauce.

*Sometimes labeled Pimentón Dulce or Pimentón de La Vera Dulce; available at some supermarkets, at specialty foods stores, and from tienda.com.

Servings: Makes 4 servings

Per serving: 405 calories, 24g fat (5g saturated), 59mg cholesterol, 286mg sodium, 22g carbohydrates, 5g fiber, 25g protein (nutritional analysis provided by Nutrition Data)

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/242113

1 comments:

Vicci said...

Kristi, I bought Greek yogurt last week and now can't remember why, plus I have smoked paprika to use up, so this recipe is perfect. Thanks for finding it!

~Vicci